ScrabbitTheRabbitScrabbitTheRabbit

Main Audio Favorites Reviews Stats 9 Fans

Edge of the Sword Edge of the Sword

This is the kind of quality instrumental metal I like to hear. Great melodies, wonderful mix, really well played, just really good shit.

DanJohansen responds:

Appreciate the awesome review good sir! Glad you enjoyed it, thanks a ton!

-Apocalypse- -Apocalypse-

Great stuff! I just downloaded some VSTs based on the Mega Drive's synth chip so it's a helluva coincidence that I see this today XD Sounds fantastic though!

JK-FlipFlop responds:

Thanks mate! FYI I use VOPM and ProtoPSG (Simple Square setting), along with drum samples from SEGA Genesis games. I use Gens Movie to dump samples. Set it to PSG only for hi hats/rides and DAC only for any other percussion (in the sound menu). You can use Audacity to separate and export individual drum samples.

[BOSS] Tatakai 2 [BOSS] Tatakai 2

Excellent stuff, reminds me of some of the higher-tier Mega Drive soundtracks. Would work well in an old-school vertical scrolling shooter or something!

Jackson Jackson

Really danceable rhythms, catchy melodies and a nice mix. It's got the works! I really love the way the lead sounds during the fast, sorta shreddy passages.

JaThu responds:

Thanks :3 I'm glad u liked! and yeah, sounds really catchy sometimes. Remember to listen the song from Oakwood on which is inspired.

Drops Drops

Really haunting piece of dark ambient music. My only criticism is maybe the drippy droppy noise through the first half should be pushed back a bit in some way. Maybe a little less attack or a wetter reverb or something, just because it's a bit much over an extended period. That might be the intended effect though, it's clearly not a "pleasant" piece and I can see how having the sound be as it is adds to the effect. Kind of a Chinese Water Torture thing, not sure if that's what you were going for.

Great piece anyway :)

terroristimusicali responds:

Wow! thank you for appreciate my piece... is interesting the part of "chinese water torture". I could something about this... more idea...
ps. if you want this song is part of an album called freaky tweety... if you want you can listen this album...
See you!

Marble City Marble City

I got a real Undertale vibe from the start, then it went a bit Sonic.

I really enjoyed this. Kinda offbeat and quirky, really nice mix, loops perfectly! The piano bit makes me think you could get a nice jazz or swing arrangement out of it, too.

MrSmash64 responds:

well, those are my biggest inspirations in VG Composing (Other than WaterFlame and Kirby, really depends on the situation)
Thank You for the Support!
(also the piano in the beginning is earthbound's "mellow piano" ; Undertale's "Fallen Down" uses this piano)

Rainbow Rainbow

Really uplifting, good stuff!

Lightbooster responds:

Thanks :D!

Razor Razor

Those melodies will be stuck in my head for a while

Dragon Festival Dragon Festival

I really love the arrangement and melody of this one!

Shozi responds:

thanks man!

VDAAN - "Air is Heavy Here" VDAAN - "Air is Heavy Here"

I like it a lot! It's a different kind of music, but your sense of melody reminds me a lot of mid-era Anathema. Kinda got a slightly 80s darkwave vibe from it, too.

Nicely done!

iamvdaan responds:

I have not listened to Anathema, but I will check them out. Thanks!