Hardcore Gamer! Hardcore Gamer!

Truly a modern day classic. The scholars of tomorrow will pore over this masterpiece with reverence and wonder; "what does it all mean?"

3Pants 3Pants

I really like the mechanics of this. The way the enemy numbers increase as you move really makes you think about your actions, you try to be as efficient as possible with last second dodges and efficient collection. I like the way you can see where the enemies are going to spawn on your next move, too.

The music and sound design is nice, though maybe a game over theme would be nice.

Tough as nails, though.

My biggest complaint is the tiny screen size. I sit quite far from my monitor so it's really hard to see anything1

YellowB responds:

Yep, game over was on the to-do but no time to get it done :D Also I tried adding some sort of 'request fullscreen' option but I guess newgrounds has none of that. Thanks for the feedback I will update once the jam is complete!

Blind Blade Blind Blade

Very difficult but once you get the hang of it it feels fair and consistent. The one issue I have is that, we can only attack in 8 directions but it sometimes feels like the enemy is a few pixels out of alignment meaning you can't actually hit them. Maybe increase the hitbox sizes or - if they actually are perfectly aligned and it just *feels* off - maybe show a flash of their silhouette for near misses.

I am really enjoying this though and will probably play a lot more!

Frozen Moons Frozen Moons

Great way to kill some time! The explosion sound effect is a bit clippy and I think the sound design could be a bit punchier in general, but the gameplay is solid fun and I like the visual style :)

Water Is Life Water Is Life

Beautiful. I feel like your passion really shines through here. A wonderfully composed piece.

SnowTeddy responds:

Thank you for your response. :)

It feels strange because I haven't written orchestra music in a while and my skill is kinda bad.

Space Melodies Space Melodies

I think the majority of this could be expanded on. It pretty much sounds like a full piece anyway, it's remarkably well structured for an improvisation!

1f1n1ty responds:

thanks scrabbit

Retro Jingless Retro Jingless

Great stuff! I love the main melody line. Catchy but kinda melancholy at the same time. The synth sounds are excellent, too!

Pelican Pelican

I don't really know enough about art to be at all constructive, I just love the atmosphere it gives off. The use of colour is so moody, it makes me think of Dark Souls or something.